Other Data Networks
The IEM collects data from a number of stand alone sensors. This page contains links to data from these sites.
Stuart Smith Park Hydrology Learning Lab, Ames
These are four ground water monitoring wells and a stream gage located at the Stuart Smith Park in Ames. These data are used by the Geology 100 class, but are freely available to others.
Download Stream Gage Data ("Bubbler")
Download Ground Monitoring Well Data
CTRE Provided Iowa DOT Bridge Sensors
These two sensors sit on the bridges over top their respective lakes. Their purpose is to monitor for high winds impacting traffic.
|Station||Observation Time||Wind Speed [mph]||Today's Gust [mph]||Wind Direction|
|Saylorville Lake||31 Mar 02:39 AM||5.6 Gusts: 11.1||0.0 @||NNW|
|Lake Red Rock||28 Jul 08:42 AM||8.4 Gusts: 11.1||0.0 @||NNW|
Agronomy Hall, ISU:
- Sortable Currents
- Ames (Northern, Dave Flory)
- Indoor Temperature for Met Cluster Room, B548 Agronomy Hall. Outfitted with 4 One-Wire sensors reporting every minute.
- ISU AMS Station, On the roof. Davis Vantage Pro 2, installed 8 Sep 2011.
- IEM Central Command, On the roof. High quality Campbell Scientific sensors reporting every minute.
City of Ames
- Reiman Gardens station, only some limited data from 2007 for the site.
ISU FEEL Data
This data is provided by The National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment.